Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Waiting for Babies

I'm getting so excited for my Saanen dairy goats to give birth. I purchased one buck and two does late last summer. We raised Saanens for years when my children were babies and raised them on goat milk. Over the years we had many breeds, including pygmy goats, and when we decided to raise them again chose Saanens because they were our favorite. In case you don't know, they are large, white, Swiss breed. They are gentle and sweet, quiet, give lots of milk, and don't seem to jump out of their pens as much as other breeds. Mariah is only a yearling and her actual due date is tomorrow. Bluesky is due on Saturday. I hope they don't make me wait too long. I have a box of birthing supplies I ordered from Jeffers Livestock Supply. (They seemed to be the cheapest). Just hope we don't have to use some of it and all goes smoothly. How many will they have and what sex? I'm on pins and needles. I'll let you know when I have the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment