Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No Excuses





In spite of my good intentions, the last three busy weeks at Beulah Land have raced by at a pace that has left my head spinning. The garden is planted and growing as are the rabbits and goats. Spinach, rhubarb, and lettuce is ready for harvest and the snow peas will be blossoming soon. The flower gardens are almost weed free.

We have found homes for Bluesky and her twin bucklings and they will be leaving us in about two weeks. The rabbits will be weaned next week. My second Buff Orpington hen is setting on a large nest of eggs and should be hatching soon. The first hen didn't manage to hatch any of her eggs. I don't know what the problem was. Maybe they got too cold.

Cold isn't a problem this week. I've been rummaging through my closet for hot weather clothes as I really wasn't expecting it this soon. Two weeks ago I was still wearing layers of clothing as I did morning chores. Only in Nebraska would it be 90 degrees with 45 mile per hour wind gusts a short time later. After several days of the heat and gusty wind the new garden transplants are looking a little worse for wear, but I think most will come out of it.

The laundry room is full of home made soap waiting for the festival on June 26th. This week I'll be working on my Miracle Salve and some natural flea powder.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment